Start Process for updating passports

Process for updating passports

Start the application process Passport photos If you are eligible to apply online for your first passport, you can choose to renew your children’s passports at the same time.

If you have upcoming international travel, let Rush My help you renew your passport fast. passport is valid for 10 years if you're at least 16 years old when it's issued, and 5 years if you're 15 years old or younger. passport by mail, if all of the following apply to your situation: If any of these conditions aren't met, you must apply for a new passport in person at a local location, such as selected post offices, clerk of court offices, and public libraries, or at a regional passport agency. Be sure to take along all the materials listed above, along with your payment.

You also need a recent photo of your child that meets our requirements.

Child passport application (PDF 1.5MB)It takes 15 minutes or less.

Your passport renewal application is submitted directly to the passport office for expedited processing. If you don't find the info you need below, call (877) 487-2778 for more details on passport renewals. If you don't need your US passport in a hurry, complete the following steps: If you need your renewal processed in a hurry, follow the instructions listed above, but include payment for an extra $60 to handle the rush fee, and write "expedite" plainly on the envelope.